Dozens of local residents visited the Brentwood Fire Department on Saturday for its second annual open house. Firefighters led tours of the firehouse, displayed and explained apparatus and served a hot dog lunch in the garage.
For the second year in a row, the center of attention was the BFD’s still new-looking Engine 2514. It was parked in the garage with doors wide open so both children and adults could sit in its seats and take turns gripping the steering wheel. The fire department bought and outfitted the rescue pumper last year for about $840,000.
The 20,000-square-foot fire house opened in 2011 at 8756 Eulalie Ave. It replaced the previous station, which was built in 1935.
The Brentwood Police Department was on hand to assist with infant car seat installations.